• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

I have been working on a new function for the arcade called "Team Challenges" the idea is to make it easier for those forums who currently use this type of challenge system, and for those who are not, a way to get team challenges implemented on their own arcade forums site.

If you would like to participate in helping me test this option, you can request to become a member of a team here.  Not everyone can be on the same team, so if you request a certain team and it is too full, you may be added to the other

Please request a team membership in this forum and I will get you added

More to follow :)

• buffy likes this

siggy.png

#2 panda

panda

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

I should like to join any team. It's up to you

#3 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:17 AM

thanks Panda, I just now saw this and on my way out to the airport so I will get you setup sometime in the next few days, just hope I get a few more sign ups so that this can really be tested

siggy.png

#4 Eagle_Kiwi

Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New_Zealand

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:34 AM

Yep, I'll be a starter too.  Any team, any time - no hurry.  :)

#5 buffy

buffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

I would like to help out too! :)

#6 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Well now that I know the team access via member group works well, instead of putting you each into a member group, the other function I need to make sure works is setting individual members permissions to access the team challenges.  I will give each of you access to the team challenge without changing your group that you are currently in and not setting your group to have access, this will be by member ID access only.  Bottom line is the only ones who will have access is you 3, my wife and I.  No one else will be able to access the team challenge

siggy.png

#7 Eagle_Kiwi

Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New_Zealand

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

I notice there's nowhere to add a "Comment" after playing. Should there be ?  (On our site we use the Game Comment to say which team we are in.)

#8 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:12 AM

I notice there's nowhere to add a "Comment" after playing. Should there be ?  (On our site we use the Game Comment to say which team we are in.)

No there is not, as I said before, it operates exactly the same way GOTW does, under a different name and a few more restrictions.  With pre-defined teams, such as (ex.) Dogs and Cats, which would display different colors, there would be no need to identify the team you are on, it would be identified by the team colors

siggy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

• City Land Games
  • Deburger Game Room
  • Ronalds Arcade
  • Debbies Arcade
  • Arcadeoholics
  • Next Level Arcade
  • Arcade Gamers
  • 3 Dogs Arcade