Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New_Zealand

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Hi, LG,

I tend to often search for games by name, and often want to search 2 or 3 in a row. Previously this was reasonably easy - after my first search, when I was at View Scores screen or even in Play Game for a game, there was another search box near the top of that page for my next search.

But it seems that the recent tidying has removed these, so I must navigate back to the arcade page and then scroll down to find the only(?) game search box remaining anywhere.

Could that box be reinstated, or perhaps even better would it be possible to create a NEW separate page containing ONLY a Game Search box, then we could simply add a link to there right at the top of our main page, easily accessible to anyone any time ?

#2 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

1. Going back through the previous versions, I have not found (all the way back to 4.5.9) any version that had the search function on either the game (play game canvas) or anywhere else except for the Main arcade page and some other pages such as admin points, downloads etc. but none of the pages where when playing a game there was a search function
  2. Creating a link for just a search page would be the same as clicking the link to return to the arcade and doing a search there
  3. I have however, come up with what I think would be the most logical place to put the search function into (see the image below)

Attached File  search.png   269.6KB   0 downloads

siggy.png

#3 Eagle_Kiwi

Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

? Here are shots from another site, that still uses 5.0

Surely the boxes I've marked are the game search function, right there when you're using View Scores, and there again when you're in Play Game ???

Attached File  Screenshot-2018-1-15 Crewcuts Place - Arcade - View Scores - Wrath.jpg   140.86KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot-2018-1-15 Crewcuts Place - Arcade - Playing Wrath.jpg   74.63KB   0 downloads

#4 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

I have already added this back into the highscores block, see no real reason for it to be in the play game screen

siggy.png

#5 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

AND once again I have gone through all of the older versions, including 5.0, and I did not have that in the original templates, it is very possible that whoever's site you were visiting, modified their template to add that in. but it most certainly was not in the 5.0 release from here

siggy.png

#6 Eagle_Kiwi

Eagle_Kiwi

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Well, it's been on our site, DA, just like those screenshots, for as long as I can remember until about a month ago.

So - maybe it's something to do with OUR templates!? I've no idea.

Oh well, I'll struggle on as is then.  :(

#7 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

I have added this in the next version to both the game play canvas and the highscores page, still do not see the reason for having this in the game play canvas, as it is in the highscores page where, when you finish a game, it redirects you to

siggy.png

#8 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

This looks ok on the high scores page, but I think it makes the game play page look a little ugly.  Especially after the work put in tidying up templates etc.

#9 legionaire

legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 17,819 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

Removed :) thanks for the input

siggy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

• City Land Games