Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo

General question

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

This is a question more of interest than anything else

With flash on the cutting board in the near future, why are arcade sites adding more and more flash games, that will at some point, no longer work ?

Many sites that I visit have 20, 30 and some even 40,000 flash games loaded on their site

1. There will never be a point where ALL of those games will have been played
  2. With the HTML 5 game revolution becoming stronger everyday, what is the point ?

A number of sites that have used any arcade system in the past that accommodates flash games, have already begun the move to an arcade system that supports the HTML 5 game structure, and with a forum that is constantly updated with the ongoing changes of php and mysql

I have a phpBB board that is structured very well and is supported by a "true" programmer and the board is constantly updated with the latest security improvements for php and mysql, so once again I am curious, why do we continue to hold onto flash games as though there will be a small miracle that will allow us to continue in the future ?

• Montecarloss likes this

siggy.png

#2 Kondrbr

Kondrbr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationРоссия

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

My opinion...
Flash will be in demand for some more time! The fact that HTML takes over is likely, and you need to stick to the trend. But you do not need to reset the flash. At least, what is already in the module-you do not need to throw out, and innovations - you need to integrate!
My opinion!

#3 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

Thanks appreciate your response

siggy.png

#4 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

I think people are just trying to delay the inevitable, carrying on with familiar software etc for as long as possible.  As you've seen yourself with changes to your arcade script, theres a lot of reluctance to change to something new.  People get settled in to what they know.

And maybe there's some hope that Legionaire will save the day lol.

I did try registering to download the phpbb arcade script but never received my email confirmation, and I think I must have just forgotten about it.  I think I'll take another look.

These sites have been using ipb for a very long time now, and it will take some time and effort for most to learn something new.

#5 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Good points Ed, and thank you for your response :)

siggy.png

#6 Glencara

Glencara

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Locationhttp://phoenixgamesarcade.com/forums/

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

There are about 60,000 flash games and 300 html5 games most of which are full of adverts this spoils gameplay.. Flash is a browser issue which they say they will stop supporting it in 2020 - I take this to mean if you update your browser to latest version in late 2019 early 2020 you will have problems with flash, if you do not update your browser then flash remains operable.    I used to love getting involved with something new, I just don't have the patience or the will any more.

#7 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

I would suppose if you set your browser NOT to do auto-updates then perhaps that would work, but keep in mind this is not only the browsers not willing to support flash anymore, Adobe is dropping flash as well and they are the ones that create the flash player we all use

Thanks for your response

siggy.png

#8 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:07 AM

There are about 60,000 flash games and 300 html5 games most of which are full of adverts this spoils gameplay

The number of HTML5 games available are rising each day, in the very beginning of this arcade, way back when, how many games (flash) do you think were available for your site ?  It is like with anything new, over time it get's better and better.  Some of the new arcades that are being built under different forum styles are bending over backwards to take out things such as adverts, links that go to another site, even going to the point to eliminate tracking cookies, so the games are getting better, like anything else, it takes some time to "iron out" the bugs.  I get and understand what you are saying, lord knows if flash was not "going away" I would rather stay with something I know as well (namely this arcade) but the truth of the matter is, at some point, it will end as that is what the guru's in the internet business want to happen.

Anyway, I just wanted to address this point as it is something that annoyed the crap out of me as well (all of the adverts in the HTML5 games), if you have not at least tried some of the HTML5 games on my other site, you should at least pop in and give them a try, they are much much better than they were in the beginning

Thanks again for your response, and hope you do not take this as an attack on your post

• Eagle_Kiwi, Glencara and Montecarloss like this

siggy.png

#9 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

I've got a phpbb site set up now with the arcade, will have a play with it and see how it goes...been a while since I've used phpbb though lol

#10 Montecarloss

Montecarloss

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

I will for sure have to change but at this point in time I think there is nothing wrong with waiting, yet I will start to look into the change.  But I am also hoping that someone comes up with something so we still can keep things as they are.  As for the games I think as long as the coders make them then I can see downloading them.  And I do agree that all the games will never be played.  I find this true on all sites even those which do not have resets of any kind.  And I am sure this would hold true with any type of games that we use in the arcade.

Everyone has great points here and I am looking forward to any changes that would help the arcades.

#11 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

I will for sure have to change but at this point in time I think there is nothing wrong with waiting, yet I will start to look into the change.  But I am also hoping that someone comes up with something so we still can keep things as they are.  As for the games I think as long as the coders make them then I can see downloading them.  And I do agree that all the games will never be played.  I find this true on all sites even those which do not have resets of any kind.  And I am sure this would hold true with any type of games that we use in the arcade.

Everyone has great points here and I am looking forward to any changes that would help the arcades.

I would be surprised that a site that only had 5,000 games installed, that all of the games would have been played at least once.  Someone would have to come out with something that would allow flash to be played, but then again, the browser would have to support it as well, do not think anyone is going to save flash as they have already determined that it is going away, and if the internet does not support it, at some point it will quit working for all of us.

None of us like changes to the daily order of doing things, but it is the same in life, you may enjoy the car you are driving and vow that no other car is good enough, but when that car hits it's last leg, you will have to change, or at least change your mode of transportation, whether it is by foot, bus, taxi or, yes, purchasing another car.  We all make changes in the course of our lives and most of us get settled and comfortable with our ways of life, but when change is forced upon you, what else can you do but join the mainstream and follow along.  It is sad, but true

thanks for your response

• Eagle_Kiwi likes this

siggy.png

#12 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

I've got a phpbb site set up now with the arcade, will have a play with it and see how it goes...been a while since I've used phpbb though lol

LOL Ed, it is a good arcade, I do not want to influence anyone into changing to the phpBB Arcade, just in my opinion it is the better of available arcades out there that supports HTML5 games and still has a forum that can be used.  I have tried many of them, like I am sure most of us have and, for the price and ease of use, the phpBB Arcade has my vote.  Check around and see what is available and if you have questions, I may be able to answer them here, as I said, I have tried a lot of them

siggy.png

#13 Kondrbr

Kondrbr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationРоссия

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

Here still for IPS 4 to adapt - it would be in General super!!! I don't go to four just because of the arcades. So would have already updated the version of the forum.

#14 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:09 AM

I have tried to port the arcade over to IPS4, above my skills as I am not a true programmer, only one that can manipulate once I see what others have done

siggy.png

#15 Tschieny

Tschieny

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

I also have a test-phpbb now, but I do not like it, although killbill does a lot of work - and it's always very friendly, not all programmers are. I would, like many others, would prefer if this arcade would persist. I hate changes, but I am already an older vintage.

#16 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

I also have a test-phpbb now, but I do not like it, although killbill does a lot of work - and it's always very friendly, not all programmers are. I would, like many others, would prefer if this arcade would persist. I hate changes, but I am already an older vintage.

As I said above, I also would love to see this ported to IPS4, unfortunately I do not have those kind of skills :sad:

siggy.png

#17 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

This http://www.graphogam...Relax/index.php is another phpBB style arcade.  It also is very good but does not "YET" have all the functionality of the one I am currently using on the alternate arcade site.

The support is pretty good and the HTML5 games are rising in numbers on that site as well, I do not care for the layout, but working with one of our other members, we have been able to change the layout around a little, to more look like the arcade layout we use here

The author of this arcade is a little stricter, if you do not have their arcade loaded on a site you cannot play any games on their site, you can see what the arcade looks like and that is about it

There is so much infighting going on right now between developers of these arcade scripts, it almost makes you want to toss in the towel and find a new hobby :rolleyes:

No one ever comes out the winner when a war breaks out

siggy.png

#18 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

for those who do not have the time to look around on yet another site, here is a snapshot of what the other (relax arcade) arcade looks like.  Even though it is not shown, I believe that you can still use flash games with this arcade, but their main focus now is HTML5 games

relax_arcade.png

siggy.png

#19 origon

origon

Game Coder

• Game Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

I have been on phpbbarcade since the very first release by JRSweet, but i have closed it down this year, i don't like all the tracking from this arcade and even in the code for html5 games there is an encryted part so you can not see what it's doing, and about the war it was KillBill who started it, and now he has members to steel html5 games everywhere to reconvert, i don't like that kind of behavor.

#20 Arcade2013

Arcade2013

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:51 PM

I have been on phpbbarcade since the very first release by JRSweet, but i have closed it down this year, i don't like all the tracking from this arcade and even in the code for html5 games there is an encryted part so you can not see what it's doing, and about the war it was KillBill who started it, and now he has members to steel html5 games everywhere to reconvert, i don't like that kind of behavor.

Yes, unfortunately it is known that killbill steals from everyone the customized games.

He steals them from origon, from Thunder and the team Relax where he is under the name Horcsog, on the way.

He is also in the group Thief at Team Relax.

And what I unfortunately still learn, all the admins where Killbills Shoutbox have built in, Killbill without being registered on the board, read along. :(

That's under all sow. Many have already expanded the Shoutbox and installed the Mchat.

The only times to the info that you know about it.

Many do not know what happens hidden at the moment.

Killbill has tried another name for team relax.

But now he is flown by his IP no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

• Deburger Game Room
  • City Land Games
  • Ronalds Arcade
  • Debbies Arcade
  • Next Level Arcade
  • Arcade Gamers
  • 3 Dogs Arcade
  • Arcadeoholics