Important Announcement!

Cookies
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.

Photo
- - - - -

The next adventure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

With the cost of IPS getting higher and higher every year (renewals, mods etc...) and IPS 4.0 not something I really care for, I have opened up another site using VBulletin and some of the great mods from DragonByte technologies.  I was lucky enough to purchase VBulletin before their prices began to rise, and the mods from DragonByte I got at a substantially reduced price by being one of their testing personnel. 

There are a lot of people that do not like VBulletin for one reason or another, but they do not charge a six month fee for their software and they do provide support for all of their software from VB 3 all they way through VB 5 (their latest software).  Most of the mods that you use with IPS can be found at vbulletin.org and for the most part they are FREE.  Don't get me wrong, there are some paid mods, and most of the skins are not the quality that you find with IPS but they work just fine.

So with all of this being said, I have opened up the Dog Pound Arcade utilizing VBulletin.  If you have the chance stop by and let me know what you think about the new setup

http://3dogsarcade.com/forums

• bosss likes this

siggy.png

#2 M_I_B

M_I_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

tried to register but got this when i entered my email addy

Remote mail provider does not exist, so it will not be able to use this e-mail.

email is legit :)

#3 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

send me the username and email that you want to use, I will create the account for you and send you a dummy password so you can login

siggy.png

#4 M_I_B

M_I_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

sent

#5 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:36 AM

Does this mean that over time you'll be going to vbulletin and leaving IPS behind completely?

I started out on vbulletin along time ago, I think version 3, then moved to ipb 2.3.  It just always seemed a lot easier to navigate the ACP (IPB).  I did have a vbulletin license but I don't think I can reactivate it, can I?

#6 Legionaire

Legionaire

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 19,231 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:02 AM

it may still be an active license, mine has been active since the day I bought vbulletin

I will probably maintain an IPS board, just will not be on 4.0, and will still provide support for the 3.x series arcade

siggy.png

#7 bosss

bosss

• VIP
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:54 AM

Welcome to vBulletin Legion!

:hide:

#8 Whitey

Whitey

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

it may still be an active license, mine has been active since the day I bought vbulletin

I will probably maintain an IPS board, just will not be on 4.0, and will still provide support for the 3.x series arcade

I checked, it looks like I had a leased license bought in 2008, and it's expired.  From what I can tell there used to be leased and owned, shoulda bought the owned I guess.

Good to know you'll still be doing your thing with the Arcade though, thats great news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Affiliate Banners

• Deburger Game Room
  • Debbies Arcade
  • Ronalds Arcade
  • Next Level Arcade
  • Arcade Gamers
  • City Land Games
  • Arcadeoholics
  • 3 Dogs Arcade

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com